A Door Unopened

A Door Unopened
Knock, knock...

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

MY GRUMPY VALENTINE


 MY GRUMPY VALENTINE
Behold the way my ill-tempered friend
His anger doth parade.
Thou knowest not my furious friend
The picture thou hast made.

Thy furrowed brow and thy bulging veins
Conceal thy good intent.
Thou outraged, huffy, chafing, inflamed
And rather stormy gent.

You’re my grumpy Valentine.
Pissed off and saturnine.
You make me sigh with my heart.
You look irascible.
Unphotographable
Still you’re my favorite work of art.

Are your eyes a little tweaked?
Is your temper somewhat piqued?
And you grumble and you shriek
and you harp.

Don’t  grizzly bear for me.
Not if you care for me.
Hey, grumpy Valentine, hey…
Chill out it’s Valentine’s Day.


2 comments:

  1. Very sweet. Does Mr. Grumpy know you are writing about him?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yes. He's thinks it's pretty funny, actually. Just had a big chat about His Grumpiness last night. I'm not supposed to take it too seriously.Still, the big grump DOES manage to inspire...

      Thanks for reading, Joyce. I didn't even send this one out. I still want to read YOUR blog. You never gave me the link.

      Delete